When you think about it, the essence of motorsport is very simple: coming first, whatever the cost. But let’s be honest: the best drivers to uncork champagne from the top of the podium are the ones who did so with style; the ones who ignored radio orders to let somebody overtake; in other words, the ones who dared to be different.
The C7 Rapide Day Date COSC shares that exact same philosophy. With its matte black case and dial, its design is a reaction to the brightly coloured motorsport watches atypical of the industry. Instead, it’s a stealthy supercar of a watch, with the aerodynamic curve of its lugs highlighted against a racing stripe-inspired red aluminium band. Speedometer-inspired second hand and the first ten minutes of its outer track are finished in the same colour, providing distinctive contrast whilst also being – there’s no other word for it – cool.
Like any Constructor’s team challenging for the Championship, precision and power sit at the heart of Formula 1. That’s why the ETA 2836 movement inside the Day Date is chronometer-certified, placing it within the top 6% of Swiss watches for accuracy. And for those wild weekends after a podium place finish in Monaco, its day date complication will help you to reacclimatise when you wake up on an unfamiliar-looking yacht.
Beautiful inside and out, the C7 Rapide Day Date is the dark horse of our motorsport collection. And like many sought-after classic sports cars, its limited edition status (only 100 have been made) means you’re the owner of something truly special.
- Swiss made
- Limited edition of 100 pieces
- 25 jewel self-winding chronometer movement
- Hour, minute, central seconds, day date function
- Black DLC coated 316L stainless steel and red aluminium four-piece case
- Black anodised aluminium bezel with 5 minute markers
- Anti-reflective flat sapphire crystal
- SuperLuminova® indexes
- Day date window with black disc
- Screw-in crown
- Deep-stamped screw-down backplate with unique engraved serial number
- Diameter: 42mm
- Height: 11.15mm
- Weight: 71g
- Calibre: ETA 2836 COSC
- Case: DLC coated steel and aluminium
- Water Resistance: 10 ATM (100 metres)
- Vibrations: 28,800 per hour (4 Hz) Timing
- Tolerance: -4/+6 seconds per day
- Lug to lug: 48.2mm
- Strap: 22mm
Edited by Frank Wulfers