• Welcome to Horology.World

Signing up for an account is easy and free. Please join the Horology World community for full access as a member.

Open Club  ·  4 members

Seiko
EddieTheBeast

Should I sell the SRPC93 and get a SBDY029?

I really like the dial of the 029 so that would be my choice. Not sure if these are special editions or not and of there is a great price difference but life is too short to live without a watch you really want. :) 

I owned a few Seiko watches through the years but never a Samurai. Maybe it's time..

I do prefer the dial on the 029 - mainly because it doesn't get darker lower down!

I really like the look of the Samurai and they sit really well on the wrist. I can see a couple of 029s being purchased soon!! 😉

I sold my Save the Ocean (SRPC93) about a week ago but not bought the Great White Shark Samurai! I realise it's the same shade of blue as my Blue Lagoon Turtle! 😀

No, I didn’t buy the Samurai Great White Shark in the end, because I think it will be too similar in colour to my Blue Lagoon Turtle, that I bought soon after selling my Samurai.  Tbh I bought the Turtle BL for the same price that I sold the Samurai StO and I think I have a much better watch:

The limited edition Blue Lagoon Turtle is very difficult to buy and keeps going up in value; it came in a special box with both a rubber strap and steel bracelet; and it has the most amazing sunburst blue dial. Also I’m finding it gains about 2 seconds a day, compared to my Samurai which gained about 10 secs day!

So despite my reluctance to sell my Save the Ocean Samurai, it all ended well and I no longer want the Great White Shark Samurai, as I’m very happy with my Blue Lagoon Turtle.

I’ve also found that after trying lots of different straps on my Blue Lagoon Turtle I much prefer the look of it on its steel bracelet.

http://snupp.it/fcTfo5