• Welcome to Horology.World

Signing up for an account is easy and free. Please join the Horology World community for full access as a member.

Open Club  ·  4 members

Seiko
nordwulf

Seiko Alpinist will make a comeback in January 2020

Good news! I am hoping they will increase the size a bit as the 38mm was just a bit too small for me.

POSTED BY SEIYA KOBAYASHI · SEPTEMBER 06, 2019

It has been newly fitted with 6R35 movement. The power reserve has been upgraded to 70hr. *(The 6R15 movement had a 50hr power reserve.)

It will keep the 20 ATM water resistance but will come with a see-through back.

The green dial will remain pretty much the same. It was announced that a black and white contrasting dial will be offered as well.

There aren’t any available photos, and details are subject to change.
But I still can’t wait for it to come out.

SBDC091
 Green dial + Brown leather strap  -- 75000 Yen

SBDC089
 White dial + Black leather strap  -- 75000 Yen

SBDC087
 Black dial + SS bracelet   -- 77000 Yen

SeiyaJapan.com

Source: https://www.seiyajapan.com/blogs/news/the-alpinist-will-make-a-comeback-in-jan-2020

I agree this is great news as I love my Alpinist and will consider adding one of the new ones in black. But the new price will make them much more expensive than the original Alpinist was! Also I’m not sure if black could be anywhere near as beautiful as the sunburst green!

I did think the 38mm size was going to be too small for my 7.25” wrist. However, for a field watch the size works well. I would honestly say that if you’ve never seen the Alpinist in the metal, it is much better than it looks in any photos - is absolutely amazingly beautiful!! 💚

http://snupp.it/GlLfSk

I didn't look at the prices.. I figured they would be about the same as the previous model. But not sure what the MSRP was of those.

$700 at full price is quite high and they will probably be offered for less. Seiko watches are slowly but steadily going up in price.

I think the previous model was available for around £300 about 18 months ago when it was discontinued. The new ones are going to be about £570 😲

The limited edition blue  Alpinist SPB089 is still selling for crazy money at $900 (£730) and up here in the US. So the good news is the new Alpinist will be a lot more affordable than these LEs.