• Welcome to Horology.World

Signing up for an account is easy and free. Please join the Horology World community for full access as a member.

nordwulf

Dartmouth Limited Edition (DLE) - initial poll

DLE - initial poll  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy one of these?

• Clean simple dial
    • Numbered dial
    • GMT

This thread is to determine if there is any interest for a Dartmouth LE. This is posted on both Horology.World and the CW Aficionados group on Facebook. I don' really want to make it forum or group specific and would like everyone to participate if they like these designs and would like to see Limited Edition. It is open to all members of the CWA / CWE and other Facebook groups, this HW and the CW Forum and any other CW fan anywhere else. No discrimination or rivalry, we're all in it for our watch hobby (and obsession). So let's call it the DLE for now.

A Limited Edition or bespoke watch is usually GBP 75-100 / US$ 100-125 in addition to the full website price. No promo codes or other discounts will apply. It depends on the changes we want to make to the designs. Some changes are easy and others may be more involved, very costly or not even possible at all. There usually is a minimum order of 25 watches for a bespoke watch.

https://www.christopherward.co.uk/bespoke
https://www.christopherward.co.uk/c65-dartmouth-series-1-range

I haven't had any contact with CW about any of these designs and this initial effort is meant to gauge interest. I am not even sure if any of these are possible or allowed at all so let's not get our hopes up too much just yet.

We are offering 3 different designs based on the well received Dartmouth military watch. Please vote for any of the 3 models based on dial and movement design presented in this thread. Once a favorite is established, we then continue deciding and voting on other design features like the bezel (steel or aluminum), date or no-date, numbers on the numbered dial design, flat or gradient dial and so on for the winning model.

Again, this is a vote on the main dial design and movement only. Please share with any group or forum. I assume there is economy of scale in play and more people wanting to buy one of these will increase or chance of making it happen and keep cost down.

It is multiple choice so you can vote for all one, two or all three designs. And please discuss. May the best design win!

Link to the poll and discussion on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CWAficionados/permalink/472934959961216/

1. Clean simple dial

This is close to the original design but with a different dial color and bezel, date or no-date.

spacer.png

spacer.png

2 - Numbered dial

3,6,9 - 3,9,12 or 3,6,9,12 depending on date window

spacer.png

spacer.png

3 - GMT version

spacer.png

dartmouth-gmt-numbers.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

Other dial, bezel and color combinations can be found here: 

The GMT could have a numbered dial as well. Guess we needed a 4th option. :)

dartmouth-gmt-numbers.jpg.5f195fe293368550a63ff6b623c63eaa.jpg

design7.jpg

The GMT has the lead so far. As there is enough interest from more than 25 potential buyers, I will contact CW and see what the possibilities are.

Poll on Facebook:

image.png.972d66cc56a7d368f1d74afb5ab40084.png

39 votes for the GMT so looking good! I initiated contact with CW about possibilities and cost involved for a limited edition GMT. The first response from CW was very positive and I really hope we can make this group purchase a reality. 

Looking forward to hearing more about the details and share with you. 

image.png.f41936bd9abf0e3427cf0c3931e881b5.png

Voting for stage 2 is now open: