• Welcome to Horology.World

Signing up for an account is easy and free. Please join the Horology World community for full access as a member.

nordwulf

New Christopher Ward C60 Trident Mk3 designs for 2019

@McDaWisel

Yeah, that's always a bummer. We're lucky in the US where there is no import duty/tax up to $800 and low duty and no tax for anything above $800.

It's a bit disappointing there isn't all that much that is unique to the new C60 Mk3 design. The previous design used the same hands as the Bremont Supermarine and the wavy Omega Seamaster dial and Planet Ocean bezel.

This new one duplicates the glossy ceramic dial of the Plane Ocean and the bezel with the type of font is pretty much the same as well. The C60 strap also seems greatly inspired by the PO. The Trident seconds hand seems to be original to the C60 but that's about it. I imagine it can be difficult to come up with a unique design but was hoping CW would go more their own way and design for their most important model. But I guess playing it safe and go the 'homage' way is better for sales.

SO_PO_C60.jpg.e3d2fd191874e3e264d1225ea0565139.jpg

I’m not a fan of mixing the super sharp looking hour hand with more blunt/paddle shaped minutes hand. Also I’m still not a fan of the off-center branding.  

But I really like the case shape, bracelet, bezel, and especially the 40mm option. 

Maybe my dislikes will grow on me? At least I know it’s not love at first sight. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2019 at 2:39 AM, ASUShane said:

I’m not a fan of mixing the super sharp looking hour hand with more blunt/paddle shaped minutes hand. Also I’m still not a fan of the off-center branding.  

But I really like the case shape, bracelet, bezel, and especially the 40mm option. 

Maybe my dislikes will grow on me? At least I know it’s not love at first sight. 

I agree with your dislike of the off centre branding! But it does look more balanced with the date and hour markers than before/other models.

Also I agree with the hands not working. I think the hour hand isn’t as nicely shaped as similar from other brands. But again it is growing on me!

I did go to the Manchester GTG a week ago and found the new glossy dark blue very appealing. 

Edited by EddieTheBeast